Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Whenever my friend says goodbye.....

Ahhh…One by one, my friend resigned. Some found a job somewhere else and some just quit. Life is stressful here, but life must go on.

Most of these people who left have been with the company for many years. Some were longer than me. What made them leave? Not sure but they must have their own reasons.

Eventhough people leaving, one thing for sure and agreed by many, the company has been good to us. It is one of the best companies to work with. No doubt about it.

One of them who is leaving is my colleague, Chee Leong. He will be leaving by the end of the month. I’m going to miss him. So yesterday the three of us, my department is very small, we went for lunch yesterday. When we sat at the table, I am proud to say that we are multicultural, multiracial and multi-language group. The team is made up of Malay, Chinese and Indian. Muhibbah and 1Malaysia!

We had lunch at Chili Expresso, Sooka Sentral. We sat outside, underneath the canopy, and the weather was very nice. Not too hot and not too cold. It was just nice so that we can enjoy our last week together as a team. As we were about to sit, Chee Leong said, “Ahh …It’s like Paris.”

We had a long lunch, and we talked about everything except work. Every time we talked about work, it will spoil the mood, but we did gossip about what happened in the office.

And today, I attended another farewell lunch, together with other five others, but this time it was for my friend, Barry. We worked together in Jakarta. His last day will be this week, and he is taking a month break before starting at his new company.

Who else is leaving? Not sure but hope no one that I know. Every time they say goodbye, a piece of me die with them. That’s how I feel.

To Barry, all the best and enjoy your break.

Sekian ….Salam.

No comments:

Post a Comment