Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sayang...

It’s my husband birthday today. Let’s say, he is not getting any younger, and in another four or five years, he will be staying at home, looking after the kids and the house.

My husband is totally opposite of me. If I am playful, mischievous and a little bit naughty, he is the serious type and disciplinarian. When I first knew him, I was shocked when he told me that he never smokes in his entire life.

“Are you sure?” I asked him with disbelieved look.

“Yes and you can check with my parents,” he said.

But after eighteen years of marriage, I do believe him. There must be a reason why Allah made him my husband, to curb my naughtiness.

Like most men his age, he forgot his own birthday. When I wished him ‘Happy Birthday’ this morning, this is what he said, “Oh ya!” and looked like he just remembered it. He also reminded me, ”When you buy my cake, buy the smaller size.”

And my respond to him was, “If I want to buy you a cake.”

He smiled because he knows I will get him his birthday cake. He was also caught by surprised this evening when I called and told him that we are taking him out for dinner. I expect him to get the kids ready, but when I reached home, none of them were ready to go out.

“Eh! why are you kids not ready? We are going out to celebrate your dad birthday,” I said.

We went to Chan Abdullah Restaurant. It is a Chinese Muslim restaurant and my husband’s favorite restaurant. We ordered Salted Egg Crab, Buttered Prawn, Baby Kailan with Oyster Sauce, Fried Kuew Tiau and soup.

The kids normally don’t like to eat here, but tonight they really enjoyed eating there. They love the Salted Egg Crab, and none of them eat the buttered prawn except my husband.

There was another surprised waited for my husband. He thought that I didn’t buy him cake. But when I told him on the way back that there is dessert waiting for us, he said,” Oh! There’s a cake too?” Ahh! I love throwing all these surprises at my husband.

By the time, we finished eating the cake; the birthday boy and the kids were so full and sleepy.

Happy Birthday, Sayang!

No comments:

Post a Comment