Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's Mine...

It was a very tough week I had this week. I was really struggling with the financial reports that I need to do. But Alhamdulillah, I managed to complete it by Thursday, and today, I was so relief that I felt like a big rock was lifted from my shoulder.

As I continue to look at some weird numbers on the spreadsheet, I received a call from Syafiq saying that the package from LA has arrived. Yes, my dear friend, Roberta Bell aka @rb2221949 sent a package for Zaki for his birthday.

Not five minutes later, I received a message from Roberta on the package. She said that the package was already in Malaysia. I quickly responded to her and informed her that I have received it and thanks her for that.

Since Zaki was away at school, I asked Syafiq to hide the package in the kitchen cabinet. I wanted to surprise him, but somehow he knew about the package except he didn’t know the content of the package. So when I reached home, he ran down from upstairs, and told me there was a package for me. I smiled.

“This package is for you and not for me,” he said while holding the package. I told him that RB is sending something for him.

“Really? Let me see,” I said and took the package to the dining table.

When I opened up the package, he saw two LA Lakers' T-shirt. He knew the t-shirts were for him. He tried it, but it was big for him. But he didn’t care. He proudly wore the t-shirt and showed it to his brothers, sister and dad.

“Ayah, see nenek Bell sent this for my birthday,” he said and pointed to the yellow t-shirt that he wore.

His dad said, “Nice of her.”

Then Amir tried the gray t-shirt and said, “This fit me. Can I have this one?”

“No. This is for me,” he said.

“Well, you can give Amir one because that’s grey t-shirt looks good on him,” I said.

“I’ll think about it,” he said and took the t-shirt with him to his room.

“Ibu, tell nenek Bell thank you,” he said and put the t-shirt in his wardrobe.

“Okay, I will” I said.



And now he is sleeping, happy to know the long awaited t-shirts have arrived and in his wardrobe. And to Roberta, thank you for the t-shirts and the kids love it. May Allah bless you for your kindness and enjoy your trip to Belize.


Sekian.  Salam

No comments:

Post a Comment