Thursday, May 12, 2011

I feel free and lighter.

For the first time after so many years, I went to work without my backpack. Yes, I left it at home because my laptop is still in coma. My vendor is still waiting for me to give the go ahead to send it to third party to recover my data.

But my dear old boss has a different idea. He said, “Get them to come over here and you sit in-front of them when they recover the data.”

Wow! I wish I can do that, but I don’t think they can bring their equipment to my company just to extract my data. Until this is sorted out, my laptop will be separated from me. I’m sad to be separated from my dear lappy.

Mean while, I was given a temporary laptop, which is big and heavy. I felt like carrying brick behind me when I took it with me. Since I have back problem, the temporary heavy laptop has lost its privilege to be carried around. It is now locked in my drawer in the office. 

When I left this morning, I felt weird, as if something is missing. I kept on checking my handbag. Even though I felt like something missing but I like it. I felt free. Nothing hanging around my back or my shoulder.

While my back is happy that I don’t have to carry laptop anymore, my handbag is complaining like hell. Why? Because my handbag now is full of things in there. If you drop anything in there, you might have to remove everything from the handbag.

Do you want to know what I have in there besides my phone and purse? Do you really want to know? Okay, nothing fancy like other women, but what I have in there are book, phone charger, my external drive, my thumb drive, my lipstick, lotion, compact powder, pen, my id tag, and some other stuff. 

So I’m thinking to get a bigger bag so that I can put in my laptop too. Do I sound crazy? Nah…..


Sekian. Salam

No comments:

Post a Comment