Saturday, May 28, 2011

Arabian Rice and Drinks

There’s a new restaurant in Bangi called MFC. FC stands for Fried Chicken and not Football club. I would let you know what M stands for later. Does it means Malay? Manchester? Melaka? Ah! Keep on guessing.!

The place was just open recently, and I was surprised to see the place was packed with people. Parking was difficult to get too.

“The food must be good,” I said to my husband. 
“Yeah, if you listened to Zaki, we would be eating here,” he said.

The rest of us had our dinner at JM Brayani. We had Chicken (fried with spices) Brayani and Beef Brayani, and my hubby tried the Mushroom fritters while I order Tauhu Bakar with peanut sauce. Yummy!

Since parking was full, my hubby dropped me first with Zaki. When I entered the place, there were long queues at all counters. I looked around, and most of the table were fully occupied.

As I was waiting for my turns, I looked at the menu. They had pizza, fried chicken, chicken burger and they also have Arabian rice. I had never tried the Arabian rice before, so it went into my ‘Must Try List’.

I also looked at the drinks they offered, it standards soft drink, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and other brands, but what interest me was the drinks call Barbican. It is a non alcoholic drinks, and its has few flavors like pineapple, apple, peach, malt and orange. “Hmmm…I must try that,” I said to Zaki, and when Syafiq came in, I asked him to queue and ordered the food.

“Get me the Barbican too. Pineapple,” I told him.
“Ibu, that is not halal,” he said.
“No. It is. It just a fruit juice,” I told him.

He was quite reluctant to buy it, but then I convince him that the drinks is not alcoholic drink. When he brought the food, Amir and Zaki looked at the bottle.

“That is an alcoholic drink,” said Amir looking at the bottle.
“No. It’s not,” I said.
“But look at the bottle,” he pointed.
“Don’t worry boys. It said non-alcoholic drink,” I pointed to them.

They looked relieved. Ah! My dear boys! Hope you will continue to observe what you eat and drink. I am so glad at the very young age they know the difference between halal and non halal.

When I pour the drink, all of them wanted to try. I let them taste it, and they like it. Before we go, Zaki and Amir commented that the chicken burger is better than McDonald.

“Really?” I asked.
“Yes,” said both of them as we walked out from the restaurant.

Oh ya! Before I forgot, the full name of the place is Muzdalfa Fried Chicken. So, if you happen to be in Bangi, and you want to try it, you can find it at Seksyen 8, Bandar Baru Bangi.

Okay…Selamat Malam…Salam.

No comments:

Post a Comment