Friday, March 4, 2011

The Day I Almost Get Sacked From School

When I was in school, I was very active in sports and represented my schools in few sports. I can say that I was the top three sprinters and represented my school in hockey, badminton and netball. As I progress throughout my school years, I cut down on my activities and this invited the wrath of my netball teacher.

When I was in form 3, I decided to cut down on my activities knowingly that I have to sit for the major exam at the end of the year. In fact, I just wanted to train for 100m and 200m and the 4x100m and decided not to turn up for hockey, badminton and the netball training.

Besides me, there was another girl who also skipped netball and hockey. Somehow, somebody has spread a rumor to the netball teacher and said that if she wanted us in the netball team, she has to come and beg us to come for training.

Both of us were called by her. We were puzzled why and headed to the teacher’s room but she was not there. She was in Form 3B class and the Form 3B class was our rival whether in sports or academic. We were from Form 3A and we wondered why we were called to see her in Form 3B.

We politely knocked on the door and walked into the class full of students and before we can ask her, she shouted at both of us. We were shocked and the one thing I still remember until today was when she said, “If I have a power to sack you from the school, I would do so.” She kept on scolding us and we didn’t utter a single word because we didn’t know what caused all the attack.

After she dismissed us, both of us when to the girl’s toilet and cried. Our classmates saw us and came and asked what happened and when they knew about it, they were shocked too. After we have calm down, both of us decided to take revenge against her.

The next morning, we turned up for hockey and badminton training. We knew that if we attended the training, we will get back into the team. True enough, the hockey coach was so happy and informed the girls that we will played at our usual position. I pity the girl who has faithfully attended the training and has to let go the position to me.

Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you that the netball coach was also my English teacher and for almost 4 months, I and my friend were not hassled by her. We still do our homework but she never calls us in the class. It was heaven for four months for both of us.

I’m not sure but at the end, maybe she realized that we didn’t say it, she softened towards us but it was too late to amend the bridge. After the exam, we went to a different school and I never saw her again and I continued to play hockey and totally dislike netball after that episode.

And my parents never know about this episode too or else my late father will definitely go the school and demand for an explanation.

Okay…gotta go..Salam.

No comments:

Post a Comment