Monday, July 25, 2011

One small step at a time.

Woo Hoo! I downloaded a Pedometer on my iPhone. Yeah! Some of you might have it for years, but this is a new discovery for me. It all started when i wanted to know how far have I walked around my housing area's playground.

I used to have a pedometer about three years ago, but it was not very good. Every single movement I made, will be counted as one step, even though I was just pointing something. I got fed up with it and threw it away.

Howeer, the apps that I downloaded was good. It only counts when I take a step. It gave me the actual number of steps taken and the distance! It also gave me my walking speed, my average speed and the calorie burned from the walk. I can also creates my own playlists, or use my existing workout playlist from my iPod. 

Since the one I have is the free version, I wonder what other features it have if I upgraded it to the paid version. It is interesting to find out, but I won't upgrade it now. I can wait until I'm convince that I need to measure other things.

On Saturday, I tested the apps. I went for my morning walk with Zara. The boys were still sleeping or else they would join me too. Since I have knee problems too, doctor has advised me to wear a good shoes whenever I walked or run.

So I wore my shape up shoes. It helped because the soles of the shape up is thick. Therefore, I didn't feeling the pain. We walked five rounds around the playground. Haha! Guess how far was it? It was only one kilometer. Ugh! I need to walk at least two to three kilometers, and it means ten to fifteen rounds of the playground. Hehe! I don't want my neighbors to think something wrong with me.

Ahhh, who cares what they think, right? The most important thing is I'm happy with what I'm doing, and of course fit and healthy. 

This morning, I also measured the distance between KL Sentral and my office building. It was about 350m. Not far enough? I guess the distance is okay. If too far, I'll be sweating by the time I get to the office.

So will I measured every step that I take by Pedometer? Nah! I don't think so. I don't want to be too obsessed with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment