Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Son!

Today is my son's 17th birthday. He is my first born, my guinea pig, my success and failure in parenting. He is everything. 

I cried when I first saw him, and when I looked up to my husband, who was standing next to me, I saw him cried too. After waiting for two years, we finally had our own kid. He was born, a healthy baby boy, weighing 3.14kg. We named him Muhammad Syafiq, which means the loving.

Is he as his name reflected? Yes, he is. He's tender and always concern about the family. When he was six months old, he stayed with my parents in Seremban. I had to leave him behind due to my project in Malacca. From there on, he is very close to my mom compared to his paternal grandma.

When he was four, he has to go for an operation for hernia. Since then, he has not had the problem anymore, but when he was eight years old, instead of motorbike ran into him, he knocked down the motorcyclist. Luckily, nothing happened to him nor to the motorcyclist; otherwise, I would not know what to say. 

But few years later, when he was thirteen, he was knocked down by a car. It really shook me up, but I was calm. I didn't get hysterical like some people. How did it happened? Well, he was on the way back from playing football with his friends. They were riding bicycles together, and while they were crossing the road, a car knocked him down. He landed on the windshield of the car.

I was at home at that time when I received the call from the guy. I rushed to the clinic where they took him. When I saw him, he looked so pale, and I wanted to cry, but I didn't. I have to be strong for him.

The impact cracked his rib, and he has to be hospitalized for an observation. After two days in hospital, doctor said everything okay. But sometimes he feel uncomfortable at his left ribs. Oh ya! There was a small scar from the accident too. 

From that day onwards, he didn't ride his bike. Before the accident, he was into motorcycle, but after that, he totally not interested in it anymore.

He is also not a sportsman. He is more into music than sports. He can dance and play guitar very well. I first bought him his first guitar on his fourteen birthday. I didn't send him to any music class, and to my surprised, after a few months, I heard him played few songs. When I asked him where he learned all those songs, he said from his friends and from computers. Oh! I have to say that he inherit this talent from my husband's father who was a musician. Definitely not from me.

Time really flies, and I dreaded they day he will leave this nest. I can't think of my first born is all grown up. To me, he is still the little boy who is very close to his mum.

Syafiq, ibu doakan supaya Syafiq berjay dalam kehidupam Syafiq dunia dan akhirat, dan semoga berjaya dalam peperiksaan SPM dengan jayanya. 
Amin.


And Happy BIrthday!


Salam.

2 comments:

  1. Ameen, ya rabb. This one got me all teary-eyed. So dreading the day the first one will leave home. Anyways, happy birthday to Apikk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yong, agaknya macam tulah mak kita dulu-dulu kan.

    ReplyDelete