Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I don't want to go through it again

Brickfield 
Eighteen years ago, I used to live in Brickfields. My parents-in-laws had an apartment there. The building was a five storey high. There are 32 units of apartment with office shop lot at the ground floor.

On the left side to the building, there are an old Malay cemetery. It was not used anymore, and on the right was a single storey bungalow house. In front of the apartment, there are two storey terrace house.

The place is very convenient because it was in the middle of the city. If I still lived there, I can just walk to my office at KL Sentral. But now the building didn’t look nice anymore. In fact, it looks so old and neglected if compared to other apartments or condominium that surrounded it.

When I was staying there, there was something weird happened that I don’t think I wanted to experience it again. At that time, Syafiq (my oldest son) was about one year old.

It happened in a middle of the night. Everything was very quiet. Suddenly, one of his toys, the fire truck siren went off. Normally, we need to press the button on the truck before the siren went off.

At first I thought, maybe something fell on the truck, but when the second time it happened, I looked at my husband and he looked at me. He went out and removed the batteries from the truck. No sound coming from the truck after that.

The second night, another toy gave another sound, but this toy needs to be pushed around before its produced the sound. I was really scared, and so was my sister who were in the other room. My hubby didn’t go out this time. Luckily, the sound didn’t last long.

The mysterious sounds kept happening every night at midnight. We didn’t know what to do, but to ease our fear, we kept on praying so that the mysterious thing would go away. We also read Quran a lot especially surah Yasin and ayat Kursi.

Alhamdulillah, after a week, the mysterious sound stops, but we continued to be cautious about it. When I moved out from the place, I was very glad.



Sekian..Salam

No comments:

Post a Comment