Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My Little Girl and Durian

WOW! There’s a lot of foods for my buka puasa (iftar) today. I have to thank my mother-in-law, who is kind enough to cook all those foods. 

There were ‘ayam kampung masak cili api’, ‘ayam goreng’, ‘sambal udang’, veggies, and the kids favorite, ‘santan durian’. On top of that, my hubby brought back ‘Roti Boy’. Hmmm…makan sakan la..

This morning, before I left for work, Zara asked me for some money to buy 'durian'. Since I don’t have small change, I gave her RM50, and she gave it to her grandmother. Zara loves durian very much. Every time we passed by the durian seller, she would always said, “Sedapnya…” (Delicious).

So when I gave her the money this morning, she was the happiest person, because she will get her durian. 
Damn! I thought it would only cost me RM30, but I was wrong.  The durian is expensive. It was RM10 per piece, but I'm okay because it was for my kids.

So today, Zara had her durian feast. She had eaten those durian before my mom-in-law cooked it. When the santan durian was ready, she was the first one to eat it too. She ate it with bread, dipped into the santan. Hmm… Yummy! Yummy!

I also like 'durian', but not so much like my kids. It can give me headache. Because of that, I only eat it a little. Furthermore, the ‘ayam kampung masak cili api’ was much more appealing than the santan durian. Heh! The ‘ayam kampung masak cili api’ is one of my favorite dish. Hot and spicy!

So who else has made 'santan durian'? Did you eat with glutinous rice or bread? What ever it is, durian rules!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment