Sunday, June 12, 2011

An evening in Seremban


I went back to Seremban today to visit my mom. I promised the kids to take them to visit their grandmother during the school holidays. Furthermore, Zaki has fully recovered as confirmed by the doctor this morning.

We reached Seremban at 6.30pm because we stopped for our tea at Old Timer Kopitiam first, and before we shoot off to Seremban, we stopped at JM Brayani too to buy Chicken Brayani for mom and Musliha.

Not long after we reached, Bang Ngah and his family came, and the house suddenly became more lively. Not from the voices and laughter of the kids, but from the adults. Bang Ngah, as usual, will be telling jokes and stories.

Since the food that I brought back for dinner was not enough, we cooked. What did we cook? A' ha…Sup Kepala Ikan Merah (Fish head soup), Deep Fried Chicken (marinated with Tumeric powder and salts), Masak Lemak Cili Api Ikan Parang with Bacang (my favorite), and for the veggie, it was Bitter Gourd with prawn. Perghhhh…Sodapnya!!!

We didn’t sleep at Seremban because the kids have their music class tomorrow morning, but we stayed until 9.45pm, and watched the FA Cup Final between Terengganu and Kelantan. I didn’t know mom likes to watch football. Maybe, it’s her way to keep dad’s memories close to her. Dad loved to watch sport especially football, and indirectly its influence mom too.
Bang Ngah left before half-time. He was frustrated with the game. He likes to tease Zaki, and tonight Zaki didn't get a chance to escape from him.
“Show me your birdie and I gave your RM50,” he said.
“No way,” said Zaki.
“How can I know you really went through it?” he asked Zaki. “If you don’t show, I gave you RM10.”

Zaki looked at me, and did a quick thinking, and agreed to show it to his uncle. He went to the room with Syafiq and showed it to his uncle. He got the RM50. Easy money! That money will be part of his collection for his Wii.

And before we left, the kids said they will come again to visit their grandma. And since I was in Seremban, I like to share this song 'Apo Kono Eh Jang?" (What happened to you boy?). This song was sung in my hometown dialect. Enjoy it!








Salam.

No comments:

Post a Comment