Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm leaving.....


Dear Neighbours,

Life as a farmer is hard, too hard that I decided to leave. Yup! You heard it right. I’m leaving you, and I’m going for a vacation. Will I come back? Don’t know yet. But what my mom said when I was young was true.

My wise mom always reminded me and advised me to have a better life. “Don’t be a farmer like your grandparents and your aunties and uncles and me. Be a doctor, lawyer, engineer or a teacher. Don’t ever be farmers,” she reminded me.

I took her advised. I studied hard, slogged through school and colleges, burned midnight oil just to avoid being a farmer, and now I have a successful career. Not a doctor or an engineer or a teacher nor a lawyer. It’s just a career.

I was happy with what I’m doing, and BOOM, came the Internet and the world of cyber. I was sucked into it, into the world of Facebook and Farmville. Yeah! Farmville.

Ohhh…. I can still be a farmer without having to sweat and play with the farm animals. Yes, and off I jumped into the world of cyber farming without thinking.

Veni, Vedi, Vici – I came, I saw and I conquered. Haha! That’s my high school’s motto, and I applied it to my farming world. I relentlessly worked my farm from 14x14 to 24x24. I became a multimillionaire. I owned tractors, harvester, seeder, and you name what ever vehicles I need to farm. I have wine factory and farm in England. That’s how rich I’m in the world of Farmville.

After two years of constant farming, I grow tired of my farmer’s life. What my mom said before was true. Farming is still a hard work. Winter, spring, summer and fall I have to farm. Take care of my plants and my animals. Hah! No resting.

We helped each others,  neighbours. I appreciated that. But now I’m tired. I wanted to take a vacation. At midnight, I would pack and leave. Yup, I’ll be leaving on the jet plane. And I don’t know when I’ll be back again…. But I will drop by to pay you a visit.

Salam, adios, chao….

Your ex-neighbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment