Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Goodbye Ramadhan, Hello Syawal

Today mark the end of Ramadan and the beginning of Syawal. It was announced on the national TVs that Hari Raya would be on Tuesday, 30th August. Huh! There's a lot of celebration around my area. Loud booms of fireworks can be heard until midnight.

To celebrate the end of Ramadan, we invited my sister in law and her kids to our house for iftar. Except for the oldest, who is in confinement,  the rest of her kids came for iftar. They brought rendang, peanut sauce, ketupat, while we bought lemang. As usual, teh tarik is a must have drink for iftar.

Before the break fast, we had tahlil, and this time, my husband’s nephew who is still in his early twenties led the tahlil. Eventhough he is young, but he has the characteristics of a leader and ustaz. Insya Allah, one day he will be.

Since this is our first raya at our new home, Villa Seroja, my father in-law decided to have Takbir Raya. After the maghrib prayer and a short rest, we continued with Takbir.  There was no one else except family, but it was good enough to usher the month of Syawal.

My father in law started the takbir and then followed by my husband’s two nephews.  I had never had any Takbir Raya at my previous home in Kajang. I hope this is a blessing to the new home.

After the takbir, Zaki and Zara can’t wait to play bunga api (sparkles). Well not only they played, but the big guys played too. But it will be more fun if we can other type of fireworks and firecrackers such the dragon eggs.

Hehe.... it is a rare occasion to have most of my husband side to be with us on Raya’s eve, so we had a photo session. But it was so difficult to get one person to sit in the photo session. Wanna guess who is that person? Who else? It's Mr. Misai…..

Selamat Hari Raya…

Salam.

No comments:

Post a Comment