Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rock, Country and Blues

I love music. I may not be talented like those singers or musician but I do know how to appreciate good musics. Music that will bring me joys and also relief me from stress. My music varies and it depends on my mood. So what kind of music do I normally listen to?

Well, I have large collection of musics from the 80's and also rock, country and blues. My early exposure to rock musics greatly influence my music preferences. I have to thank my brothes who introduce me to rock, country and blues songs.

What kind of songs do I have on my iPod? Besides those listed below, I also have some Malay and Indonesian songs, songs from the 50's and 60's such as Unchained Melody, Stand By Me, Beatles' song and also latest song such as Lenka, James Blunt, Daniel Powter and other. If I wanted to list it here, it going to be long list but among my favorite bands/singers are:


  • George Thorogood
  • Eric Clapton
  • Eagle
  • Queen
  • Pink Floyd
  • Lynryd Skynrd
  • Blondie
  • Glenn Frey
  • Bangles
  • Moody Blues
  • Fleetwood Mac
  • Celine Dion
  • Jewel
  • Caillie Colbat
  • Taylor Swift
  • Norah Jones
  • Shakira (I named my little girl after her)
Since I'm the mood to rock lately, my current playlist is full of rock songs from the 80's.
  • New Kid in town - Eagle
  • Hotel California - Eagle
  • Heartache Tonight - Eagle
  • Sunday Girl - Blondie
  • Gimme Three Steps - Lynrnryd Skynrd
  • Call me the Breeze - Lynryd Skynrd
  • I Don't want to Talk about it - Rod Steward
  • Sailing -Rod Steward
  • One way or Another - Blondie
  • One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer - George Thorogood
  • Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood
  • Cocaine - Eric Clapton
  • Falling for you - Caillie Colbert
  • Rainbow - Caillie Colbert
  • Smile - Uncle Kracker
So what kind of music do you listen to. Does it bring joys to you?

1 comment:

  1. Ateh, from the lists, few that I've heard them...but thats a good list you have there...enjoy your music, coz for me, "when I got the music, I got a place to go..."(Radio-Rancid).

    ReplyDelete