Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ramadhan Mubarak and my family

Today is the 5th day of Ramadhan. Let me summarise my first 4 days of Ramadhan.

Day 1: Everything went smoothly. The boys went to Terawih with their atuk and for the sahur we had mee hoon and rice. As usual, I have my coffee at 5.30am. Except for my husband who suffered migrane the whole day, there was no major drama.

Day 2: For sahur, we ate rice with chicken rendang and omelette. Drama also started on the second day. My husband and me were having bad migrane. In fact, it was a struggled for me to drive home as I felt like vomitting. Alhamdulillah, no vomitting. My oldest and second son were also down with fever but alhamdulillah they continue to fast. Because of migrane and fever, nobody went for Terawih prayer

Day 3: I recovered from migrane and was basically active on the 3rd day. My sons were still down with fever but not as bad as the previous day. My hubby still having migrane on the 3rd day. Since my in-law have gone back to Seremban, I have to leave early to fetch my youngest two from my brother in-law's house. Since there was nothing at home, I bought Kuih Pelita and Soto ayam at Plaza Sentral. On the way home, it was raining heavily and I was stuck in the jam for over an hour. Went straight to my brother-in-law house which is only 5 minutes away from my house. Hubby bought nasi beriyani for buka puasa.

Day 4: All of us woke up for sahur including my little girl and my third son. This will be their first fasting. So for sahur, my dear hubby went and bought McDonald as the kids wanted McDonald. For me, I don't really fancy heavy stuff for sahur and just ate half of my portion. My little girl broke her fast at 11am and so is my 3rd son but they only take a sip of ice Milo. The boy didn't eat anything for the rest of the day so I have to give him credit for that. We also have family buka puasa at my sister house where all 38 of us were there. Lot's of food and thanks to my sisters and nieces they cooked fabulous foods. We left early because we need to go to Mid Valley to exchange something that we bought last week. On the way home, we stopped at JM Beriyani for our favorite drinks "Teh Tiga Rasa". It was very tiring day.

So I have to say that the first 4 days of Ramadhan has not been good for us as we were down with fever and migrane and not able to perform our Terawih. Insyallah tonight I hope we will be able to perform our Terawih.

No comments:

Post a Comment