Friday, February 24, 2012

She's Strong and Brave

My little girl, Zara, fell down from her bicycle yesterday evening and had a deep cut on her inner thigh. This girl is really strong. She didn’t cry. She bravely picked herself up and rode her bicycle home.

Her brothers were panicked to see their little sister fell down, and had a big cut on her thigh. They tried to call me, but I couldn’t be reached.

As I was on the way back home, my hubby called and told me that her precious little girl fell down and had a big gash on her leg. He asked me to buy plaster. I told him that I was still far from home. Furthermore, I wanted to collect Zaki's iPod Nano from the Machine at Mid Valley.

Since nobody really tells me the extent of her injury, I happily spent my time at the Machine. I collected Zaki’s iPod nano (actually this is the replacement for my 1st gen ipod nano under Apple’s faulty battery program), purchased another iPod nano for Amir, and bought myself the keyboard casing for my iPad. I was there for almost an hour.

When I reached home, everybody rushed to see the iPod nano. I saw her struggling to come down the stairs. When she reached down, she showed me the cut, and I saw it was bleeding.

I told my hubby that we had to take her to the hospital. I never seen my hubby rushed to have his dinner and get ready to go to the hospital. We had to wait for about forty minutes before her turned to see the doctor.

When the doctor saw the plastered wound, he said that Zara needs two stitches, and I just nodded my head. We further waited to be called into the emergency room. When they called her, I held her hand and walked to the room.  The nurse on the doctor's instruction gave her a tetanus jab. My brave little girl didn’t show any reaction at all when the needle pricked her upper arms. She was calm while waiting for the doctor.



The doctor came in and the first thing he did was to clean her wound. She flinched a little bit when the doctor wipes the wet gauze around her wound , but yet not a sound came out from her. She wanted to see when the doctor cleaned her wound, but I asked her not to. When the doctor injected her around the wound, she held her breath and my hand and looked at me.

The doctor was amazed that she could handle the pain. When the doctor stitched her up, she focused her mind on my watch and played with it. I thought the doctor would stop after the second stitch, but he continued. I was curious, and asked him how many more. He replied, “One more.”

“Four stitches?” I asked.

“Yes, because the wound is quite big.”

When the doctor was done with the stitching, I was relief. I didn't hear what the doctor said. I just nodded my head. The only thing I remembered was to bring her back on the tenth day to remove the stitch. 


On the way back home, I asked her how she felt. She said, “Sakit sikit.” I gave her the pain killer and inflammatory. Since she has difficulties to walk, Syafiq carried her upstairs to her room, and when I went up to see her, she was already sleeping.

She was still sleeping this morning when I left for work. I called her up, and asked her how she felt today. Her respond, “Ya okay, but there’s some blood coming out.”

I told her not to move about so much, and asked Syafiq to help her if she needs anything. When I looked back, she’s the toughest among my four kids, and the most adventurous among the four. Heh! The boys should learn something from her little sister. Be strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment