Sunday, February 5, 2012

When kids turn into musicians...


It was a lovely Sunday afternoon today. It was hot and sunny, but we didn’t spend our time outside. We were inside, and scared to get ourselves burned by the sun. Because the weather was really hot,  we had to  switch on the air-con. The kids were around me while their dad was in the room taking a nap.

I was reciting my Al-Mathurat with Zara leaning against me. She was doing her maths when suddenly Syafiq brought his guitar and joined me in the living room, and started playing “Pumped Up Kicks” by the Foster the People.

As he played his guitar, Zara started to hum and Zaki started to join to sing along. I stopped my recitation and listened to the three of them. I was surprised that Zara and Zaki could sing this song.

After "Pumped up Kicks", Syafiq played “Someone Like You” by Adele. Ahh…that was one of my favorite song, and he played it well. After that, Amir who was at the dining table doing his homework abandons his homework and joined us. Zara also quit doing her maths and started to take her guitar and strummed to whatever song that we decided to play even though it was out of tune.

It was a lovely sight to see all four of my children singing and playing music together, even though it was out of tune most of the time. Oh I don’t know whether I would be able to see all four of them playing together in one band where Syafiq at guitar, Zara at piano, Amir at bass or violin and Zaki at drum. It would be a long wait, but I can always dream about it.

Here I share with you "Pumped up Kicks" by Foster the People.

No comments:

Post a Comment