Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Luck is not on my side!

Ughh… So far, it has not been a good week for me.  In fact, it started since Saturday last week. I was stuck in the stupid traffic jam for hours on Saturday. Maybe people were still in Hari Raya mood, and lots of people were hosting open house. So they would be going from one house to another in their cars, and clogged KL roads. Well it's free food, so enjoy it while it last. Hei! Hei! Makan, jangan tak makan!

Because of the traffic jam, my poor son, Syafiq, has to wait for us for almost one hour at Ara Damansara, and he was alone. After we had fetched him, we headed to Ikea, and for once, it was not that crowded. We managed to get parking easily.

But my joy was short lived. On the way to my car, I slipped and fell down at Ikea’s parking. Luckily there were not many cars or people. Zaki who was with me, saw me fell, and he quickly said,” Don’t move.” He ran, and called the rest.

When the rest of the kids came, I already stand up. Heh! I would not lie down on the dirty floor and embarrassed myself. Eventhough it hurts my butt and shoulder, but it was not so bad.

On Sunday night, we went out for dinner and groceries. The kids wanted KFC, and the best place to go was Warta, since Giant and KFC are in the same building. Parking was also easy to get.  When we reached KFC, there was a long queue at KFC, but the restaurant was basically empty.

Since I have few KFC discounts coupon from Hotlink, we decided to use that. The coupon entitled us to have 5 pieces of chicken, 2 burgers and drinks. When it was our turn, the guy told my son that the burgers are not available because they had run out of the bun. Furthermore, there were only 4 pieces of chicken left, and we had to wait for 30minutes if we wanted more. “OK,” I said, and by the time, the chicken ready, it was almost 10.00pm.

I thought my nightmare would end on Sunday night, but on Monday, it was worse. I was stuck in the traffic jam for more than 1hr 30min. The traffic jam was due to dress rehearsal for Malaysia Day, which is on 16th September. The traffic jam started before the Sg Besi Tol, and knowing that I would be late for work, I text my bosses.   Heh! I was not the only one. One of my bosses were also caught in the  jam. In fact, the whole KL was caught in the Monday morning jam.

And, my bad luck continued on Monday night too. I was stuck in the office until 8.10pm with Mr. Han to run through some financial numbers, while my family was waiting for me at home to visit our neighbors.  When I reached home at 9pm, I just dumped my bags and laptop and went out with them. I didn’t get a chance to freshen myself.

And today, I was caught in another bad traffic jam, but this time it was due to a very heavy rain. Since I was fasting, I thought of leaving the office around 5.45pm, but there was no way I could leave my office in heavy rain. I only left office after 6pm, and by then the traffic jam was already started.

Since I have to fetch Syafiq from his friend’s house, I didn’t make it in time to break my fast at home. So, I decided to break my fast at McDonald with Syafiq. If the other three kids know about this, they would demand I took them to McDonald too. Sheesshhh, Don’t tell them, okay!

Oh! I’m not sure how Wednesday going to be, but looking at my to-do list and my calendar, it going to be another busy day.  What about you? Are your days better than mine? I hope so.



  1. Bila nak raya Kak Zai? Saya cuti besok... masuk court... Teruk ke jatuh? Hope tak de apa2 yek... Hari Khamis kita catch up eh... Better luck by Thursday am sure...


  2. Lynda, teruk tu tak lah tapi makin sakitla belakang. Minggu depan kita raya and Khamis K. Zai cuti. 4LTF tu bagus la...

    BTW selamat bertemu ramah di court ya.

  3. Ugh! That is indeed a terrible start to a week. I hope it gets better for you soon!

  4. Thanks and I'm really looking forward to Friday. It's a public holiday for us.